I do not mean to infer that there has not been a presidential race going on in the Republican party since almost immediately after the last one ended. But the official campaigns have actually begun.
And the insanity centers on this all-so-important
event in Iowa. Or the next one in New Hampshire.
This morning I read on the Yahoo News
feed a bit of an article from Time.com (click here to read it if you
want). The fifth and sixth sentences read as follows:
The simple goal: Convince some small fraction, maybe 5% of Iowa adults, or 120,000 souls, to give up their Tuesday nights, sit in a room for an hour and help determine the fate of a fearful nation. Get just a fraction of that fraction, maybe 30,000, to support you, and you carry the day.
And I got really scared. Maybe these
few people from a relatively small portion of the entire country really do
reflect the thoughts of the country. But at a time when little of the rhetoric
has been on the real job of governing the country, what does getting 20% of
this tiny sample mean?
Or the one to follow in New Hampshire?
Seems that there is an almost constant
effort to end the races before they start. To allow the somewhat narrow
concerns of a tiny sample that is not random, but self-selected, to declare
what the nation is saying.
I am not just letting off steam because my favorite, or one of two favorites, might not be at or near the top. One of them may win. I’m concerned that too many people are influenced by the act of winning and the rest of the nation will begin to change their vote on popularity.
It's cattle. See one cow moving in a direction and just follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment